Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Car Business

I want to help people understand what it takes to be in the "car business". It is unlike any other industry in the world. First you have to realize that car dealers are buying an asset that literally is worth less everyday (even more so now with the state of the economy). Second the internet has made information so accessible that all consumers are educated. I write that one cautiously, some consumers are educated and very analytical. Others just saw a price and said that is how much it should be, either way you are dealing with a well heeled buyer. Third, car dealers themselves, I grew up in this business and I will say it, on the bottom of the ocean are lawyers and car dealers. Just as bad as some of them treat the customer they are far worse among themselves.

Now I don't want anyone thinking I am crying about my life, the fact is if done correctly it is one of the most fun and rewarding jobs in the world. I have created The Motorsports Gallery to be in the business correctly and do it right. From the multi-million dollar collector cars to the daily driver for $10,000 I want every deal to been done correctly.

No comments: