Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where do they all go?

When you are in the Highline/Luxury business you run into all sorts of people and situations. I caught myself today wondering where all the people went after they had asked me to invest in the next big thing. Don't know why exactly I took 10 minutes to reflect on the past couple of years of proposals and great situations. That was being laid at my feet.
Best part is none of them have ever worked and I am still here. And the ones I supported or helped out are growing, some faster than others, but they are growing.
It lead me to think more about the car business. It is what I do day in and day out and eat, sleep and breath 24 hours a day. Why do so many people, especially with all the information at the consumers finger tips, they are still sucked into putting their money into unwise investments. Now I know there are investment cars and everyday get me where I need to go cars, but all vehicles are an investment. You are either investing to physically make money on the actual vehicle that you have put money into or you are putting money into a vehicle to get you to the place that makes you money.
Don't get suckered into what you have made yourself believe is a fair deal by a good salesman. Do your homework know what the options are and just because it says Porsche, Ferrari, etc. on the building doesn't always mean they are the experts.
Take it from a Vehicle Investment Advisor. That is what my company really is, we will walk you through every step of buying your commuter or collectible. We will ask the hard questions, What do you want to be when you grow up?

1 comment:

Jack said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.